Friday, September 9, 2011

It was Awesome



KIROS
 What a blast.  This band on the right, KIROS is a band from Canada.  I actually got to talk to a few of the Band Members before the concert.  Really cool guys.  The lead singer has the quote of the day. 
Superchick

HAWK NELSON






Superchick was a lot of fun.  I knew a good number of their songs and they really got you going.  The highlight of their show however was a story they told.   The story was of one of their friends who was diagnosed with  stage 4 cancer.  He was told he only had 3 weeks to live.  Those last 3 weeks he made the most out of every opportunity. He wrote down a list of all the things he wanted to say and do before it ended.  He said they were the best 3 weeks of his life and he realized how each day was a gift from God.  At the end of 3 weeks he went to the hospital for a checkup.  The doctors didn't know what to say because the cancer had disappeared.  This led to them writing the song We Live.  The song talks about how we don't know how much time we have left and what we should do.  The chorus says "We live, We love, We forgive, and never give up.  Cuz the days we are given are gifts from above and today we remember to live and to love"  Its truly a great message and something great to think about.   
Obviously Also Hawk Nelson


 Hawk Nelson was one of the highlights of the night.  My brother and I have been fans for a long time.  This is either the 3rd or 4th concert of theirs I have been to.  But the best part of the night was when they allowed a group on stage.  I was not one of them, but they all got to sing and dance.  And then after all the people were told to leave the stage the lead singer allowed one kid to stay up.  The kid was obviously partially retarded.  But the guy got up their and danced with the kid and let the kid sing into the mike and it was a really great thing to see. 

MIKESCHAIR


The band I think I enjoyed the most was Mikeschair.  This band has some very good songs that have incredible messages.  I got one of their t-shirts for their song Keep Changing the World.  But they have another song called Someone Worth Dying For.  He gave a quote from C.S. Lewis before they sang it.   "Christ died for men precisely because men are not worth dying for; to make them worth it."
MANAFEST


FIREFLIGHT
Had a great time with Manafest.  He is a rapper but his music is fun to listen to.  He put on a great show and as one of the earlier band really got everyone pumped.  His guitarists actually wore gas masks at one point during the concert.  It was really fun. 








Fireflight was a band who I was really looking forward to seeing.  They played a lot of their most popular songs as well as a few from their unreleased album.  












The concert was a blast.  We had a great time.  I will say that after standing for 4 and a half hours you can get really tired and I was ready for bed by the time I got home at 11PM lol.  Oh almost forgot, on the top left hand side of the page you will find a grooveshark widget.  The songs are the top from the bands at the concert and you should listen to them.  Soooo click it. Like right now.... click it.....cliiiiickkk itttt!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. mike's chair would definitley be my pick out of these. but i like a couple of songs by fireflight and i like avalanche by manafest (:
    my cousin went to a switchfoot concert last saturday in atlanta... she is officially crazy for them now! lol
    glad you had fun at the concert! (:

    ReplyDelete