Wednesday, August 24, 2011

For Those Who Want To Know

This is gonna be a kind of run-down of my life until now.  I thought it would be kinda fun and would give a cool overview.

I was born in Delta, Colorado.  It's a small town but a really cool place.  I only lived there till I was 3 but I have family there so I get to visit every once and a while.

At the age of 3 I moved to Elizabeth, Colorado where my dad became the youth pastor at Harvest Bible Church.  I was at that church for the next 10 years of my life.  My cousins were members of the church and their father was the pastor.  It was a great time.  I made great friends and got to be apart of a lot of great things.

While in Elizabeth we lived on a farm.  Not your typical farm either.  Originally it was 80 acres with a pond.  We sold 40 of that to my cousins.  So I grew up with them.  But back to the farm.  We had a crazy variety of animals.  Cows for a short time.  Chickens, Turkeys, Rabbits, Ducks, Pheasants of a large variety, Emus, Ostriches, Goats, frogs, lizards, salamanders, dogs, cats, and more lol.  A LOT.  We also planted 4 or 5 THOUSAND trees on that property. I learned how to work on that farm.  All of those animals took a lot of caring for.

As far as sports go I played soccer, which I was OK at.  I also played football one year and did OK in that.  I mainly wrestled.  I wrestled for 7 years in Elizabeth. 

Now to where I am now.  Around 5 years ago my family came to Fort Worth, Texas for a national rabbit convention.  My dad, while there, remembered that a man who mentored him in college attended a church there.  So we decided to visit.  Turns out that Harold Bullock, the senior pastor, is having one of his wisdom seminars.  Long story short.....  My dad goes, sees Harold's incredible wisdom, decides he wants more training, prays a lot, moves family to Fort Wort.  No intention of becoming a youth pastor....................................................... Wait for it.............................................  Yeah you guessed, not even a year after we move there, the position opens up and he is asked to take it.

Since then life has been awesome.  I have made a number of amazing friends.  There is no church like hope. Nowhere do you see the scriptures lived out as much as at Hope.  We have influence all over the world.  There have been a huge number of churches started by people from Hope.  And they are all part of what is known as the HOPE GLOBAL NETWORK.  People travel form all over the world to visit and to learn from Harold.  Harold has his own website to.  haroldbullock.com

Between my dad and the people at the church, our youth ministry has turned into a training ground for incredible men and women.  I have had the privilege to be apart of that.  The leadership team of the youth ministry is known as KANDU.  It's the highest level of commitment.  I have had the privilege to be apart of it.

I have been able to do a lot since I have been here.  At the church I have the opportunity to not only be on the leadership team, but to serve in children's ministries, worship ministries, and a variety of other ministries.  I've been playing percussion since I got here.  I have collected a large # of drums.  I enjoy it a lot.

As far as school goes.  For 3 years I attended a private christian school.  Christian Life Prep.  I played football in junior high for 2 years and one of those years we were district champs.  I also ran cross country and took 5th at state.

I now am no longer attending high school and am enrolled in Accelerate University.  A program started by a few ladies at my church that will allow me to get to degrees in 3 years and for a fraction of the price.  I started last year and now have 27 Credit hours.  It's a challenge but way worth it.  Check out the website!!!  accelerateuniversity.com 

Now you'll remember I wrestled a lot.  I only wrestled for 2 Years after I moved here.  Wrestling is not as big in Texas.  The last year I wrestled I beat the same 4 kids at most tournaments.  I did win a national tournament though so that made it worth it.

I also have an amazing job.  I work for Qualbe Marketing Group as a Telephone Sales Representative.  I sell discount dental plans.  Our website is 1Dental.com. 

So basically things are great.  Only complaint is Texas Weather.  I HATE IT.  And hate is a strong word. I still HATE it.  But I LOVE the people.  I have AMAZING friends. So I guess I can get over the weather...... For Now

6 comments:

  1. The weather is amazing. :-)

    Reading this I realized how little I knew you before this past year. The whole time, I was like, "I didn't know that!" and "I didn't know that, either!" :P This was fun. haha Now I'm caught up on the first 16 years of your life. :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha. There is way more to it then that. But its a good base. And as far as the weather goes... I'm ignoring you. You're the Hot Freak :p. For those that don't know Kayla she is a lover of heat. But despite that little difference we still get along well

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, nice. :P You should have come to the game tonight. We owned, and I actually played almost the entire thing. I think I was out a total of 5 minutes, maybe less. :-) But there were like no students there, so you probably wouldn't have enjoyed it much. So nevermind. lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Freak out? No. But I didn't know exactly what to say about it...haha so I didn't.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, nice. :P

    P.S. Your background looks like my tie-dye shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha yeah, but that's okay. There will be other concerts.

    ReplyDelete