Friday, November 9, 2012

Trailer Sweet Trailer

Current Living Space
My Trailer
Inside our Trailer
Parent's Trailer
So I've decided to return to the blogging world.  Haven't done it in quite a while but I think it will give me something to do now that I've moved.   Currently my life is pretty tight.  And by that I don't mean "Cool," I mean that I'm living in a Trailer Mobile Home.  We own two now. One is for my parents and the other is for my three brothers and myself.  Now I don't mind living in such a tight space that much, but it does get difficult when you have very little room to put stuff.  You can kiss large wardrobes goodbye.  We are all sharing one shower in my parents trailer which thankfully gets us hot water.  We have a TV in our trailer and and XBOX 360 and Play Station 3.  Problem is that with 4 brothers it becomes hard to decide what the TV is used for.  We also have Dish Network so at least we have some good shows.  And just a few days ago were able to get Dish Net for our internet.  But it's limited to 20 Gigs of use.  Its not a lot when you want to watch movies and play online video games.  But it's enough for us to work on school and the such.  Most of the time I still go to the church to do the school if I can. 

Now one of the most annoying things is the lack of an actual bathroom.  So yes.  We do have a porapotty and no I do not like it :p  I have actually been able to get away with only using it a few times in the 2......  Or is it 3 weeks?  I don't remember.  Anyway, only a few times in the period we have been living here.  I've been able to wait till work or till I go to the church. 

Now for why we are in the trailers.  If you aren't aware, my family purchased a little over 20 acres of land on which we are currently living.  We built a metal barn which is really nice and we are in the process of building a house.  The concrete is supposed to be poured sometime today.  (YAYAY)  Sad part is that we are still 3 to 6 months from it being finished.  (Pray its on the side of 3).  Now something really cool about the property is that one section of it is a small forest with a creek inside.  A lot of fun to explore and we've created a network of trails throughout it.  In the front of the property its mostly open with lots of really big Pecan trees.  Which just recently started dropping all of the Pecans.  We actually had a lot of fun getting a group to come and help us pick up a bunch of them and then roasting marshmallows and making smores.  Towards the end of the evening a few of us did some really bad swing dancing.  But it was fun. 

This is definitely the least fun part of my family's moving process.  But I think my family will be better for it.  Having to live in such close proximity will ultimately bring us closer.  I don't know how much longer I'll be living here with my family but this will probably some of my last memories of living with them so I might as well make them count.  Pray that we are strong, have good attitudes, and have family unity.   And most of all that we honor God with how we live.  I think if we keep those things in check then this place will be a pretty fun place to live. 
 
Dishes for TV and Internet

3 comments:

  1. Cool post, and yay, you're back! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait...how many beds are in your trailer?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There is technically a Full and a bunk with two that are smaller than twins. But the couch and table turn into beds as well and we put Colten's mattress on top of the table bed and mine on top of the full bed.

      Delete